Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Blog Post #12

For this blog post assignment, we are supposed to create an assignment that Dr. Strange would have assigned for us to do himself. We also have to make sure that we incorporate our field of area such as Elementary Education. After creating the assignment, we are then supposed to do the assignment ourselves. So here it goes.

Assignment:
Watch the video University Students Talk About Why They Want To Be Teachers.(2:11) Students at the University of Virginia's Curry School of Education were asked why they wanted to enter the teaching profession. Listen to their answers and think about what your answer would be if you were asked. Think about what inspires you to become a teacher. Think about the reasons as to why out of all the professions in the world, you chose to enter into the teaching profession. Write two or more paragraphs explaining the reasons why you chose to become a teacher. Be sure you are following the requirements in Writing A Quality Blog Post.

Send Dr. Strange (@drjohnhadley) a thank you Tweet. Include #edm310 in the Tweet so that it will be seen.
great teachers


Completion of Assignment (done by me):
Students at the University of Virginia's Curry School of Education were asked why they wanted to enter the teaching profession in a video that was posted on YouTube. Every student had a different reason and talked about different things that inspired them to become a teacher. Whenever I think back on all of the teachers that I've had during my years of school, each one was unique and affected me in a different way. Some teachers were mean and strict and others were nice and fun. Every teacher taught in a different way. That's the thing about teachers, no two are alike. The only thing that they all had in common was their love for education and the desire to learn more so that they could give more to their students.

Growing up, education has always been really important to my dad. He was a single parent of three children and struggled to take care of us. He always stressed the importance of education and told us that going to college was the best thing to do because of the many different opportunities that it brings. He said that we should not hate our job. We should wake up every morning excited about work because it's something that we love to do.

i love school
I love school. So of course it makes sense for me to want to become a teacher. I love learning and I always want to know more. I don't feel stupid or embarrassed when I have to ask questions because I know that it's an opportunity to expand my knowledge. I love watching others learn and seeing them feel accomplished when they have done something and understand something that they didn't before.

I have always wanted a job that would change people's lives. If I had an influence on just one person, that would be good enough for me. I know that I can do this through teaching. I chose elementary because that is my favorite age group. Children in that age group are eager to learn. They want to go to school and have that desire to want to know more. They are fun, creative, and very imaginative because the outside world hasn't had a chance to take that away from them. Everything is exciting and new to them.

inspire
That is my ultimate goal as a teacher. I want to make learning fun and exciting for my students in a way that inspires them. I want them to feel accomplished and successful by expanding their knowledge to the greatest of their capabilities. This is my dream. This will be my accomplishment and success. I am going to be and elementary teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment