Wednesday, October 17, 2012

C4K September Summary

C4K #1

In C4K assignment #1, I commented on a teacher's class blog. Anthony Capps is a third grade teacher at Gulf Shores Elementary School. In his blog post, "The Buzz About Jobs," he discusses how his class has been studying the elements that make a successful community. They have also been discussing what makes a community member productive. As a class, they decided that productive community members work together, practice patience, encourage each other, help each other understand, follow directions, and lead each other. They also created a wordle using a list of jobs that the class thought was most important in their community. Some of these jobs were firemen, doctors, engineers, bank tellers, teachers, and repair men. There were several other jobs listed as well.

I commented and stated that I agreed with them on their thoughts about productive community members. When community members come together and work as a team, they can be extremely productive and accomplish many thoughts, ideas, and goals. I mentioned that I was going to school to be a teacher, which was one of the jobs that was listed. I stated that I thought that being a teacher is probably one of the most important jobs in a community, and that I couldn't wait to become a part of that.

C4K #2

In C4K assignment #2, I commented on Mason's blog, a student in Mrs. Krebs science class in Iowa. His blog post was entitled, "Finding Out About the Kentucky Coffee Tree." He talked about how he found a dichotomous key from Iowa State University. He stated that he learned that a Kentucky Coffee Tree had opposite leaves and not alternate leaves. Mason also included a link where he found his information from.

I commented and told Mason that I didn't know that trees had different types of leaves. I also told him that his link to Iowa's Trees was very informative and interesting. I gave him some positive feedback and told Mason that I enjoyed reading his blog post. I even asked him a question to give him a chance to respond back. I asked him if Kentucky Coffee Trees really did produce coffee beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment